Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Merry Christmas!

Tis the season!!
So... Last week, I didn't write. SORRY!! Things got switched around and time got crunched... Anywho! We are so excited for Christmas!!! I haven't seen my family for 9 months now, and I was just starting to forget what they all looked like!! We have everything set up with a member in our ward, except for the time... My companion has a sister on a mission as well, and we are still trying to get everything worked out so that he will be able to Skype with her as well. The Christmas season has been strong in our little Hmong apartment this year, as we have our little 3 ft Christmas tree decked, lights put up, and Christmas cards tacked up along our hallway. There has been music playing almost constantly, snow falling heavily, and we even splurged and bought ourselves a nice little half gallon carton of eggnog! We were part of the ward Choir concert yesterday, and we had so much fun with it! Everyone in that choir had a good time, good voice, and good spirit, making it a very memorable Christmas Sabbath.
Along with the Christmas theme, last night we went caroling to all of the Hmong people that we could think of! We ended up staying out for over 4 hours singing the same 5 little carols that had been translated into Hmong. We came home and just CRASHED! But again, what a great memory of my first Christmas in the Missionfield! We went to somewhere near 15 people, and even stopped at a few investigators houses. We were thanked with hugs, and many many thank yous. We were more than happy to do it, and would be more than happy to do it again. I just want to share my testimony during this special time of year. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He came to this earth as a part of an Eternal Plan of Happiness, and by following that plan, I know that I will again live with my family and my Father in heaven. This is the greatest gift that I have ever been given, and it is a gift that I can never repay. I've heard it said that we don't spend Christmas, we keep it, and that the gifts Christ gave us were his life and his sacrifice. That is the best that we can give him as well, our lives, and our sacrifice.

LOVE YOU ALL
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Elder Larsen

No comments: