Wednesday, December 4, 2013

To All Y'All

Wooooow... Where to start with this week?? We'll start on Thursday (thanksgiving) We had two dinners with Hmong families --and when I say families, I mean FAMILIES!!! It was so crowded and so busy! The star of the first dinner was the deep fried turkey bits... Yes, nothing says "I'm thankful" like clogged arteries. We were so incredibly full after the first dinner, that we forgot that we had another dinner 3 hours later... woopsie... BUT we enjoyed the second one just as much. The star of that dinner would have to be the 2 turkeys that just gleamed. We were extremely thankful for the hospitality of these people, and made sure that they knew it! The talk turned to the gospel very quickly, and I heard many good testimonies born of how thankful they were. It was a pretty special experience for us... And as a side-note, we had 3 different types of rice along with our turkeys... Next, Saturday! Our radio broadcast went off without a hitch! We were so proud of how it turned out, and we are excited to get more and more confident every week. After all the hours of preparation, and worrying and planning, we were very proud of what we did. There is no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father helped us through everything. We felt so comfortable, and so fluent during the broadcast, and that couldn't have come from anybody else. We were stressed out the entire week, and were still able to perform. Thank you to all those who listened, I'll translate it for you all when I get back! And finally... A miraculous Sunday! First thing to note, 4 weeks ago we invited an investigator. named Lilly, and her family to church. Why did we invite them so long ago? Her schedule is absolutely INSANE, and as a single mom, she has a lot of obligations. She wasn't willing to come at first because she doesn't have a car, and didn't want to accept a ride from anyone, but we insisted that she come and try it once. We set everything up and her and her four kids came and stayed for all three hours!! She made friends and said she might even come next week! Miracle!! THEN, we had another investigator, Anthony, there. He hasn't come in months, and came all by himself AND stayed through all 3 hours AAAAAND a baptism that was happening afterward! Whew! Miracle!!!! THEN, we had a less active, Cheeta, who also hasn't been to church in months come for all 3 hours... After, he told us how much he misses church... MIRACLE!!! We are feeling extremely blessed, and again, I thank my Heavenly Father for everything. Also, I am very aware of the many prayers coming from family and friends at home, and for that I offer my sincere, deepest gratitude. I have to go and do other p-day things, so that's it for today... But I love you all!!

No comments: