Monday, August 4, 2014

Hmong Mission Conference and a Rapper?

Well hidey ho neighborinos! (sp?)... It is a fine pday here in the Madison 2nd ward Hmong area! We have so much time, and nothing to do, this is truly a blessed day. I might just throw some laundry in, close the blinds, turn on the AC and take a cool nap. I just got chills thinking about it. We are due to have our haircuts (I basically just look like a shaggy mess) and a member offered to come out to our house tonight and give us cuts right on our porch. How nice is that?! I can think of 2 things that tie for the best things that happened to us this week. First, we had our Hmong conference. They gather all 14 Hmong missionaries from across the mission and have a 5 hour revelatory meeting on how the Hmong work can better progress. I absolutely loved it!! I came in with questions, and I left with answers. Our mission president, his wife, and our two APs gave trainings, and for the last 45 minutes, a Hmong member from my ward here in Madison came and trained in 100% Hmong. I can't explain to you what a blessing this conference was to me, and will surely be to all the Hmong areas in the mission. Not only that, but for lunch, Sister Cutler (the President's wife) made us home made Cafe Rio. I can't complain about that. And then, David Yang. So David Yang is a popular Hmong Rapper. You read correctly, Hmong rapper. So on his second day in Madison, my companion Elder Lee asks a random Hmong guy we tracted into if he knows David. Believe it or not, the two are really good friends. Elder Lee asked for David's number, got it, and called. We have a meeting with the Hmong rapper tomorrow at a chinese restaurant.... WHAT?! He will be baptized, rap for the church, and be in a Mormon message. I'm seeing the blessings of hard, diligent work, and I hope that the Lord will strengthen me this week, and continue to bless this work! 
--Elder Larsen

No comments: