Friday, September 5, 2014

RANDOM THOUGHTS...

So with a holiday weekend, this last week we saw fewer people than usual, but it was compensated for by service opportunities and a great conference yesterday!! The conference was for every single HMONG member in Wisconsin. We were able to make it (the conference was in Sheboygan, 2 hours away) and we had a blast! There were more there than was expected, between 100 and 150 people I would say, and we had 4 hours to socialize, learn, teach, and, my personal favorite, EAT! All I can say is that it was a major major success, and this is the sort of thing that will accelerate the work here in Wisconsin. 
Due to a lack of super super exciting stories, I will share some brief (and very random) thoughts that I have recorded in a little book I carry with me. Bear with me...
God is a family man.
There are such things as bad questions: The bad questions justify; "How little can I do?" Good questions bring knowledge and understanding; "How can I more fully..."
How could I trade what I know for what I don't know?
The only gift we can give God is our will. It is the only thing that he does not have.
Why settle for blessings when you can have miracles?
The Spirit is a most eager missionary.
"Don't kill, don't steal, no adultery, respect your mom and dad, and be nice to everyone so God lets you live a long time. I'm 6 years old, so I must have been good!!"--random lady at the bus stop
To know and not to do is to not really know.
The heart to the brain is the longest 12 inches in the world.
Choices are the little hinges of this life. Everything revolves around these little moments in time.
"Women have been at the blunt end of a man's stupidity" --Sister Martin
We can cause earthquakes directly where people stand.
"8 years ago I came to this church with a plethora of problems. 8 years later I still have a lot of problems but I'm a happy man" --President schubert
If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life.
The chief reason for unhappiness and failure in this life is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment.
If being a Christian was against the law, is there enough evidence to convict you?
"We might not be sleeping through the restoration, but some of us are dozing off" --Sister Braun
As a missionary, savor every chance you have to look at a calendar, because before you know it, it will change.

--LOVE YOU ALL!!

No comments: