Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Alex's letter/testimony

We have a long list of things to do today, so I'll have to keep this one exceptionally short. Sorry!!!
I was reading in the scriptures the other day, and I came accross a scripture that my Mom used to always quote... D&C 101:16 "... Be still and know that I am God." How many times in our lives do we get so worked up, so active, so busy that we forget to "be still?" I related this quote in a lesson that we had the other day. We were teaching about how we all feel the spirit. We know that it is a "burning in your bosom" but what in the world does THAT feel like? I shared this experience. In the MTC I knew that I had the spirit. I knew that I had it all my life, and many times in my prayers I would ask God to help me have the spirit. But I didn't know how I felt it... The very day that I began to wonder how I felt the spirit, we had a devotional about the Holy Ghost. Sister Sheri Dew talked to us all about how she had the exact same question I did. I knew I had the spirit, I knew it comunicated with me, but how? She encouraged all the missionaries to go home and pray about it that night. I did, and sure enough, I felt a familiar feeling (the Holy Ghost) and I realized that I sensed it through feelings of peace. I looked back at my life at the times when I felt that I had the Spirit closest to me, and I realized that all these times were accompanied by this exact same feeling. I would encourage everyone who reads this to do the same. Don't ask to have the Holy Ghost, don't ask to have it guide you, give you comfort or peace, but in stead ask God, the one person who would REALLY know, "How does the Holy Ghost communicate with me?" I promise that it will bless your lives. I'll try to leave myself a little bit longer for letter writing next week!! In the meantime, ask my family... They'll love it ;)


Sib Ntsib Dua!! (Shee njee dooa!! See you later!!)

Tub Txib Meej Mom

No comments: